So the hubby rather enjoys sitting and having a good browse through the catalogues each week, on the search for his next ill-fated purchase.
I say ill-fated, because at this point, hubby is banned from making any decisions regarding large...or even small for that matter, purchases. Why? Well as I have previously discussed, he has a penchant for buying useless crap that he truly believes will make his life better - and because he buys these things second hand most of the time, there is always a good chance that they will not work.
Like the video camera. And the Holden Vectra. And the 45 lunchboxes, and most recently, the Toyota Townace.
Now, the toyota is running, and well I might add.....now..... but it was looking dubious for a while, and we have discovered that the wheels have been modified to allow for larger tyres, which means the tyres will have to be changed more often, and each tyre will cost 200 dollars. Yippee.
So catalogues. I had to laugh (and then again when I was thinking about writing this blog) today - while out and about running various errands, we found ourselves in the vicinity of Barbeques Galore. We had seen in their catalogue a pizza block that we both identified as something we would like to get. I mentioned the pizza block, and immediately got this reaction....
'Oh I need to go there today to have a look at smokers...'
'Look at what now????'
'Smokers'
'yeah...no.'
'No i NEED to go there TODAY! I have a need to smoke some meat!!'
WTF.
Like I say. Banned from making purchase decisions. And with good reason.
Might have to start disposing of the catalogues before he gets home from now on. Just as soon as I have finished reading them :P
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment