
How did we function before the internet???
I vaguely remember those days - I don't recall them being particularly difficult - but the concept of taking away my internet these days quite seriously brings on a cold sweat and my life flashing before my eyes....
Shopping, paying bills, booking flights, checking the weather, finding out about anything and EVERYTHING! (Google I swear to god you have single handedly changed my life) song lyrics, banking, catching up with friends, job hunting, news and current affairs, television, business!! Basically ALL the things I do on a daily basis require the internet.
And yes, I realise the irony of writing on the internet about how much we rely on the internet.
It used to be geek territory, but now the internet is free reign for everyone - the young, the old and (sadly) the peverted. My 65 year old step mother is on Facebook for goodness sake! In the old days you worried about your parents hearing from your friend's parents or the town's big mouth about your weekend antics - NOW you have your grandparents stalking your profile to keep up with your latest indiscretion.
Anywhooo I feel I may be getting off topic here somehow... I guess the point is there are pro's and con's to the internet, but I'm very much pro. My life comes to a standstill without it. They talk about the fact that the internet will at some point collapse under it's own data load... For me thats the Apocolypse I'm truly afraid of!
Bring me salvation by the Terrabyte.
I vaguely remember those days - I don't recall them being particularly difficult - but the concept of taking away my internet these days quite seriously brings on a cold sweat and my life flashing before my eyes....
Shopping, paying bills, booking flights, checking the weather, finding out about anything and EVERYTHING! (Google I swear to god you have single handedly changed my life) song lyrics, banking, catching up with friends, job hunting, news and current affairs, television, business!! Basically ALL the things I do on a daily basis require the internet.
And yes, I realise the irony of writing on the internet about how much we rely on the internet.
It used to be geek territory, but now the internet is free reign for everyone - the young, the old and (sadly) the peverted. My 65 year old step mother is on Facebook for goodness sake! In the old days you worried about your parents hearing from your friend's parents or the town's big mouth about your weekend antics - NOW you have your grandparents stalking your profile to keep up with your latest indiscretion.
Anywhooo I feel I may be getting off topic here somehow... I guess the point is there are pro's and con's to the internet, but I'm very much pro. My life comes to a standstill without it. They talk about the fact that the internet will at some point collapse under it's own data load... For me thats the Apocolypse I'm truly afraid of!
Bring me salvation by the Terrabyte.
No comments:
Post a Comment